Our vision is to be an international museum and research center that engages and serves the community through a strong local and regional identity and presents nationwide perspectives on fashion and textile history.
- To collect, study, interpret, preserve and raise awareness of history, fashion and textile heritage, art and architecture of Goa and the Konkan Coast.
- To inspire and communicate to audiences through museum outreach and meaningful programme and research.
- To engage and inspire the people of Goa through stories of local history.
- To have meaningful exchanges and representations related to costume history, fashion and clothing at a national and international level.
- Professionalism – through commitment to international museum standards and leadership.
- Openness – of purpose, administration and governance.
- Integrity – through fair practices and adherence to ethics.
- Community and Collaboration – Working with meaningful partners, and with local communities in our programmes, exhibits and research ventures.
- Respect – for varying perspectives, peoples, diverse cultural values and traditions of all communities.